Learn About Wills and Bequests
Legacy Giving is a future gift to charity through a will, trust, or beneficiary designation
- Download an OBCF Legacy Information Sheet
- More information on beneficiary designations
- More information on the David Stick Legacy Society, a community of donors who have made gifts by bequest
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends and/or Outer Banks Community Foundation as part of your estate plan. There is no minimum amount for your planned gift. Legacy gifts have ranged from $1,000 to multi-million dollar amounts.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways: